1. The lovers - This card is about balance and harmony in relationships. This deck uniquely features a solitary figure indicating the importance of loving yourself and loving your solitary life as a prerequisite for happiness in love with someone else. She embraces a snake. Snakes have too long been used to represent the devil, evil, our fears but they are more often beneficial than harmful. This is an invitation to embrace with love those parts of ourselves that we had previously judged s unlovable.
2. Ace of Swords - New beginnings for you. These new beginnings and opportunities will come from having a clear vision of what you want so you will recognize and seize it when you see it. You will need to set strong boundaries and remain focused to create the happiness you desire. Avoid distractions.
3. Ace of Pentacles - New beginnings ahead that will prosper you and give you greater sustenance and resources. Possible career advancement. Your happiness in this endeavor comes from commitment and practical management of logistics.
1. Six of Pentacles - You are in harmony with your resources and good at balancing the flow of resources that you give and receive. It is a great time to be generous and charitable without depleting yourself. Also a good time to make sure there is reciprocity in your relationships. You may be receiving a little extra cash in the near future.
2. Three of Swords - Whatever heartbreak you are experiencing, at the moment, you are strong enough to get through it. Heartbreak is a natural part of the human experience. The greatest challenge is to let the heartbreak break your heart wide open so that it will expand your capacity for love. If you look at the card you will see that the clouds are clearing away and there is a plant growing and releasing seeds of new growth.
5. Five of Swords - This is an important turning point. It is a time to re evaluate some things and you have some difficult decisions to make. Take a look around and see what is toxic in your life. You may find that some of those relationships and situations that have toxicity also have love. Some things you know that it's time to eliminate. But the biggest challenge for you is those situations where you have to set and enforce boundaries like a delicate surgery to cut out the toxicity while still preserving the love.
1. Page of Cups - Now is the time to sink more deeply into your heart and learn from your emotions rather than trying not to be too sensitive. Embrace your innocent and pure emotional nature and allow it to guide you in your relationships. This is your lesson to learn. To practice the honest vulnerability of a heart that has never been broken. Notice what you feel and and what that feeling is a response to and speak it. Many people hide their feeling or put up defenses so their emotional responses in relationships are not loving or intimate but in fact block the hopes of intimate connection. Speak your most raw and innocent truth and watch what happens. Some people will not respond favorably and will use that truth to hurt you. But then you know for certain who they are. Other people will meet your vulnerable honesty with deep kindness and trust and then you will know.
2. The World - Shed your inhibitions. The world is your playground. If you are in a relationship currently you are well partnered to move forward and to create the life you desire together. If you are not yet in a relationship, you are ready for a relationship handled with emotional maturity and one that is sustainable given the realities of the loves of each person involved. Wither way, you have worked long and journeyed far to be where you are today with your current emotional capacity. You are ready to manifest your dreams into reality and everything you need is lined up to resource you and your loving relationships and any intentions that your heart is all in.
3. Eight of Swords - No more drama. You are not stuck or trapped. You are truly free to move in any direction you choose and create whatever love you want in your life. If you are feeling stuck or trapped either in a destructive relationship or your relationship isn't moving forward as you wish or your good and secure relationship is feeling a bit stale. Perhaps you are feeling stuck in an old pattern where you just can't seem to have the relationship you want. Slow down a moment. You are not stuck. You are being called to take some time for stillness and contemplation. Look at the vision you hold for love in your life and how you think it "should" look. Project that image on the screen inside your mind and put yourself in the picture. Does that picture fit you? Are you happy in it? Does it match the reality of your life? Evaluate what parts of your ideal love image actually are true for you and what parts are left over from your high school fantasies, early childhood fairy tales and the expectations of your tribe? Sift through that and figure out what really matters. If you can narrow it down to the four most important necessities for you to be happy in love, then you are ready to set yourself free to create that in your life. If your current situation has the ability to transform to embody your true needs, yahoo! If it does not, it is ok for you to let it go and move on.
Book a tarot reading by February 16th, mention this blog in the comments and receive $10 off.
Select a card for your new beginning.
1. Ace of cups - Aces always represent new beginnings and wide open potential. The ace of cups indicates an abundance of love and happiness overflowing. Learn to trust yourself more deeply and follow your heart and cultivate your intuition. If you choose to use love as the motivation for your actions both large and small you will start to feel a deep sense of relief as external pressures melt away.
2. Four of wands - This is a card of celebration. You may have many celebrations to attend this year. This card also advises you to celebrate at every possible opportunity. Look for reasons to be happy and grateful and share them with loved ones. It is also a good time to consider what you are passionate about and build those things into the foundation of your life and the actions of each day.
3. Seven of pentacles - You have been working so hard and progress has been slow but your work is paying off and will continue to grow and prosper as long as you continue to tend to the daily maintenance. You may feel some frustration that things have not gone faster. So take a break. Do something nice for yourself. Take a moment to take stock of all that you have accomplished so far. If your accomplishments look different than you had envisioned in your life plan, revisit your life plan. Does it truly fit you or is it full of shoulds? It just may be that things are turning out in ways that are happier and healthier for the true you.
The New year is such a good time to get a tarot reading. I have been doing a weekly free reading on my facebook page: Facebook.com/Happy-Creative-Life but in honor of the new year I decided to do something special and offer you the opportunity to choose a theme for your reading the themes are 1. Integrity 2. Resonance 3. Alignment.
1 Integrity - The Sun. The Sun is all about joy and fertility and all things brought to the light. The more you bring yourself into integrity in all things be true to yourself, and honor your word, follow your word and intentions with action, the more joyful your 2017 will be. When you live or act in a way that is in conflict with your words or your beliefs this brings complications and darkness. Integrity brings simplicity and light. Also the Sun represents fertility for new beginnings. So if you are biologically fertile, make intentional choices that all parts of yourself agree with regarding bringing children into your life. It is als a great time to give birth to new ideas, creative projects and new ventures. The sun is shining on your new beginnings and whatever you wish to create in the year ahead.
2. Resonance- Five of Cats (Swords). The five of swords means that you are at a turning point. Certain things and relationships just haven't been working for you and it is time to choose a direction. This is not a bad thing. Looking at it as a matter of resonance, asking good questions with give you good answers. Is the energy you are bringing to the situation what you want to bring? Are you behaving as the person you want to be? Are you being true to your self? Is this situation or relationship just not healthy for you? Is the energy of that person, place or situation the type of energy you want to be immersed in? Now is the time to decide whether you want to move forward in that situation or out of it. Either way you will need to clarify the boundaries that you wish to set with yourself for how to behave as the person you want to be and what sort of energy you want to bring and radiate and for how you wish to be treated and the energies you want to surround yourself with. Make the necessary cuts and set the necessary boundaries.
3. Alignment- King of Rats (Pentacles). The King of Pentacles is in total command of their resources. There is a saying that you know where a person's heart is by where they put their treasure. The King of Pentacles is all about putting your money where your mouth is in order to have a more secure and abundant life. Now is the time to consider what you value most in your life and what financial priorities are of greatest importance. Then align your choices with those values. No longer be at the mercy of the whims of the moment but be powerfully aware of what matters to you. As you make choices large and ssmall about where to spend your time, money and attention. Take care of those most important and beloved things first. You will feel more prosperous as the things you value most will be well supported.
Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year. If you would like to receive an in depth, personal reading, please make an appointment. You can receive your reading in person, by phone or by Skype.
In my spiritual studies, I have often heard that it is important to have a beginner's mind. It is important to be able to empty my cup of preconceptions and the belief that I already have things figured out, to replace judgement with curiosity.
"Learn new things." They say in studies of both happiness and brain health.
I believe the world is rich and fascinating things to explore and discover. I believe that curiosity and discovery are an important part of a happy and badass life.
But, holy cow! Have you tried doing something you haven't a clue how to do recently? We live in a world where children are asked what they want to do when they grow up long before they have the capacity to imagine what adult life entails. And we and they expect that they will have an answer. Our educational system rewards or punishes children for what they can show mastery over, not for their curiosity or their understanding of what helps them learn.
I grew up in a family where mistakes were not allowed. Learning was not allowed. Only proficiency was allowed.
I am learning how to play banjo, claw hammer style. This doesn't feel easy to me. I might spend an entire hour just hammering one string at a time and still not be able to hit each string accurately. I might spend a couple of hours playing one measure (non musicians, that's 4 beats. Yep, 4 whole beats, and never get it right.
The thing about banjo is that anyone nearby can hear. Unlike knitting where the frustration of making mistakes or needing to repeat that one stitch thousands of times before you get it right can be a relatively private thing. But with the banjo, anyone within earshot can clearly hear that I suck, oh right, I'm working hard at learning.
As I practice with my teacher or when my sweetie is home, I am transported to the humiliation of my 3rd grade self trying to learn multiplication tables.
Most of us avoid these feelings. It is easier to just do what you know or only learn new things that are similar enough to things what we already do well that we can avoid feeling so terribly incompetent.
But they know how they say, "To have something you have never had you can't do what you have always done" I believe this is true. I believe that in order to have a badass life and to achieve the things you have always dreamed of, you have to want it badly enough to throw yourself into new territory. Do the hard things. Give yourself permission to really suck as something and do it anyway. Do the thing badly and shamelessly until, eventually, you no longer suck. What an awesome feeling that is. To realize that you no longer suck at that thing that once seemed like an impossible ball of humiliation!
So I encourage you. I encourage you to go for your dreams and do the things that you have always wanted to do. Even if you have no clue how. Read, explore, ask questions, hire a teacher or consultant, trial and error, whatever it takes. Do the thing, you just may find your life becoming more and more badass.
Here is a little inspiration for you. It isn't banjo but it's awesome:
Play Your Ukulele
I ran into this image in my facebook feed today. I looked at it and thought, "That's nice. I'll share it."
But wait. People are always telling us these lovely things that if we just do them our life will be easy and we will be happy and everything will be great. They tell us to do these things but they never tell us how.
They also never tell us that life will still be full of challenges, and some things will be difficult. The goal is not to have a life so perfect and easy that we never suffer or lack anything again. It rarely happens like that.
The goal is that your life is so passionate and purposeful that the difficult stuff is worthwhile. That your everyday life and moment to moment choices are aligned with your highest values and your soul's true purpose. So you never have to worry about what people see you do or hear you say because you are a person of integrity through and through.
So how the hell are you supposed to do that? It it actually very simple. Mind you, I said simple, not easy. The best answers are always simple and simple isn't always easy.
Here is the answer. Ask your body and listen/feel for the answer. When faced with a decision, whether something small like how to spend your next ten dollars or next five minutes or what to snack on right now or something more life altering like should I change careers or make a big change in my relationship, give yourself permission to pause before answering whether to yourself or someone else.
Take a moment. Take a few deep breaths and notice how your muscles feel and how easy it is (or not) to breathe. Then ask you body the question at hand. "Do I want to buy a coffee at the cafe right now? Do I really want to move to Portland? Imagine yourself making that choice and take some deep breaths.
Your body is one of the most powerful channels through which your soul speaks to your mind. If you listen, it won't steer you wrong. If a choice is right for you your body will tell you. Your breath will feel easy and you will feel a certain amount of tension leaving your muscles. Like you just want let out a breath of, "AAaaaaah." If it is not the right choice for you right now you will feel your muscles tighten and your breath shorten.
But what if you really want to move to portland and your body said no? You can ask it questions. Ask if a city near Portland is better, perhaps a later moving date, perhaps after more preparation.... Keep asking yourself questions until you get to, "Aaaaaah."
If you don't know what your highest purpose is right now, you will likely find yourself living it. Establishing the habit of letting your spirit influence your choices through your body, will transform your life, one choice at a time.
If you are going to be a badass who lives an amazing life, there will be times when you feel completely incompetent. In fact, your ability to achieve badassedness is directly related to your ability to tolerate uncomfortable feelings like feeling lost and incompetent.
What the hell? Yep you read that right. If you are going to be amazing and have amazing life, work and relationships, you have to tolerate feeling like a complete idiot at times. This new territory comes with a learning curve. To learn new skills, you must admit that you don't know what the hell you're doing and fully experience all those feelings or just give up on being a total badass and settle for the way things have always been. Although, I think that you must be a badass because if you wanted to settle for the status quo you would not be so far out of your comfort zone to begin with.
We all know someone who worked hard or took a risk and accomplished something big: weight loss, sobriety, or a great new relationship. Only to screw it all up and go right back to where they started. We've all seen (or been!) that person and scratched our heads in wonder at how they (or we) could have possibly thrown it all away after all that effort.
When you make a life change or heal an old wound, it changes how you see yourself and how you function in the world. For example, now you're in a relationship with someone who can actually be a good partner. But you've never had that before. You may feel strongly that you don't know how to communicate here. Or you've lost a lot of weight and don't know how to move in your new body. Everyone looks at you and treats you differently, now what? Or you're sober now and feel completely socially awkward. You're having all of the feelings the chemical defenses smoothed over and don't know how to cope. Right?
There is a major difference between those who sustain the changes they've worked so hard for and those who don't: the ability to tolerate the unknown.
So what can you do in order not to lose your progress? Build a support team include at least one friend or family member who believes in you and supports what you are doing. Find other people who have done something similar to what you are doing. If you feel like you are the only person to ever go through this and no one could possibly understand, I guarantee you're wrong about that, you just may be too isolated to know that you are not alone. We have the internet now, get out there and search for your tribe and your mentors.
A qualified counselor is a valuable resource when you are doing big things they can help you develop resources, coping skills and communication skills for new situations.
A good Reiki healer can help relieve stress. They can give you support and comfort and help ease your fears. Reiki can even remove obstacles to your success. Your Reiki healer can help you tune into your best self and to your higher power so that you can remember who you are. Remember why you are doing this thing in the first place. Reiki can bring awareness and clarity about where you need help so, you can turn to the other members of your support team, not with a desperate plea of "Help me!" but clear questions.
If you are making big changes and feeling completely scared, vulnerable, lost or stupid; you are doing great! The harder it is and the more incompetent you feel, the more you are learning. If you are learning lots of hard things, you are a badass.